Request for Donation and Appearance
Organizations may request student-athlete or coach appearances for their events. In order to ensure compliance with NCAA rules, the Athletics Compliance Department reviews each of the requests prior to granting approval.
To request an appearance, an organization must submit the following application to the Athletic Department.
The organization is responsible for submitting the following three (3) sets of documents:
- Completed “Promotional Appearance and Donation Request Form”. Please fill out this form and include it with the additional application materials.
- Cover Letter. Please include a Cover Letter [1-2 pages] describing the function of the organization or event, the purpose of the student-athletes’ potential appearance, and any additional information that your organization deems necessary.
- 501(c)(3) Documentation. For charitable organizations, please include documents that verify the 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status of your organization.
Application Review and Policy
- Fax the completed application to 305-284-3362 at Attention: Community Relations, for approval. After the request is submitted, allow two (2) business days for the Athletic Department to confirm receipt and/or request additional information.
- Our Compliance Department reviews each application to ensure the appearance does not violate NCAA rules. The Compliance Department reserves the right to deny any application which it deems against the best interests of its student-athletes, coaches, Athletic Department or institution as a whole.
- If the applicant organization provides false or misleading information or representations in the application, the application will be denied immediately.
- After comprehensively reviewing the documents submitted, a member of the Athletic Department will contact your organization to indicate approval or denial of the application.
All requests must be submitted 30 days prior to the event or appearance. The application review process may take up to three (3) weeks to complete. You may check the status of your application by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: Appearance Request Status, the name of your organization, date of request, and date of event in the body of the e-mail. Please allow at least 24 hours for response to a status request e-mail.
For more information on how the University of Miami can participate in your event or speak at your organization, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations may request University of Miami team or coach autographed items for donation.
In order to be eligible for autographed donations, an organization must complete the “Promotional Appearance and Donation Request Form” and fax the completed form to 305-284-3362 at Attention: Community Relations, for approval.
The application review process may take up to three (3) weeks to complete. You may check the status of your application by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: Autograph Donation Request Status, the name of your organization, date of request, and date of event in the body of the e-mail. Please allow at least 24 hours for response to a status request e-mail.
Autograph Request Policy
- Organizations may NOT request individual student-athlete autographs (e.g., “a football signed by John Smith, Quarterback”).
- Organizations may NOT request “personalized” autographs from student-athletes (e.g., “Dear Little Mike, [signed by student-athlete]”).
- If an applicant provides false or misleading information or representations in the “Promotional Appearance and Donation Request Form,” the donation request will be immediately denied.
- In circumstances where a person, group or organization attempts to obtain autographed donations under false pretenses and/or for commercial gain, the Athletic Department will notify law enforcement authorities immediately.
- The Compliance Department reserves the right to refuse the grant of any autographed donation which violates, or might violate, any NCAA rule.
- The Athletic Department reserves the right to refuse the grant of any autographed donation which it deems against the best interests of its student-athletes, coaches, Athletic Department or institution as a whole.
- The Athletic Department may grant exceptions to these general rules in extremely rare circumstances.
The University of Miami continues to provide opportunities for Canes fans to obtain complimentary autographs from their favorite Hurricane coaches and student-athletes via official events organized by the University of Miami Athletic Department.
All inquiries related to autograph requests should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the University of Miami, our student-athletes, coaches and staff take pride in giving back to the community. Through volunteerism we strive to serve our community and present positive role-models to young people. We give student-athletes, coaches and staff the opportunity to speak to groups about developing a positive, winning lifestyle.
We also participate in staff and team service projects.
For more information: http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/genrel/community-highlights.html
Sebastian the Ibis, the University of Miami cheerleaders, and the Sunsations are available to make special appearances. If you are interested in booking Sebastian, the cheerleading squad, or the Sunsations for an event please complete the Mascot Request Form or Cheer and Sunsations Request Form.
1. Spirit Squads and Mascot appearances are available upon request with a MINIMUM of three week notice. If any Sebastian request is made with less than three weeks notice, there will be an additional charge for Non-Profit and Campus groups. Because of the time demands on the students, we cannot guarantee that each requested appearance will be fulfilled and priority will be given to athletics-related duties.
2. The University of Miami Department of Athletics reserves the right to refuse any appearance.
All requests for specific appearances will be left to the discretion of the Athletic Department. The Athletic Department will decide if any appearance conflicts with the best interests of the Department, its student-athletes or coaches.
1. Appearances requested by University of Miami Departments & Groups qualify for the University rate ONLY if the event is an official, University-sanctioned event as determined by University Relations in collaboration with the Office of Marketing. Priority consideration is given to events that advance the University's overall mission.
2. Appearances requested by Schools and Non-Profit Groups qualify for the School & Non- Profit rate ONLY if the event serves an educational purpose to the ENTIRE school or organization.
3. Appearances serve as a fundraiser for the Mascot program. Funds received are applied to the overall expenses (travel, equipment, etc.) for the program.
4. Requesting individuals or groups will be invoiced and the Athletic Department will receive payment PRIOR to the appearance.
5. Appearances are a MAXIMUM of one hour. Appearance fees for all requesting individuals or groups are as follows and include travel time:
Sebastian the Ibis (per hour)
$300 + tax = $321
Schools / Non-Profit [501(c)(3)] Groups / University Groups (per hour)
$75 for the Sebastian the Ibis
$150 for any requests issued with fewer than three weeks’ notice prior to the event
Cheerleaders (per hour)
$200 1-3 Cheerleaders
$400 4-6 Cheerleaders
$600 7 or more Cheerleaders
Schools / Non-Profit Groups / University Groups (per hour)
$100 for 1-3 Cheerleaders
$200 for 4-6 Cheerleaders
$300 for 7 or more Cheerleaders
*Minimum appearance of one hour
***If the appearance is away from the Miami/Dade area mileage expenses must be paid.
1. Once your request has been submitted, please allow us 48 hours to respond confirming receipt and requesting any additional information or documentation.
2. Next your request will be reviewed to assure that it meets the guidelines and standards associated with the University of Miami athletics department.
3. From there your request will be sent to our compliance department to assure that your organization and request is in line with NCAA rules.
4. If approved, we will then coordinate with our mascot or spirit teams to make sure that the event fits into their busy calendars.
5. You will then be notified by either phone or e-mail whether your request is approved and to coordinate the details of the event.
Please note the entire process can take up to three weeks, so advanced notice with your request is appreciated. You can check the status of your application by sending an e-mail to Sebastian@miami.edu (Mascot) or to email@example.com (Cheer/Sunsations) with the subject line: Spirit Request Status, the name of your organization, the date of the request, and the date of the event in the body of the e-mail. Please allow 24 hours for response to your e-mail.
Please keep in mind that we receive numerous requests for our mascot and spirit squads and they have very busy schedules. While we wish we could, we cannot fill every request. All mascot and spirit requests will require parking and adequate changing facilities.
For more information on mascot or spirit requests, please e-mail Sebastian@miami.edu (Mascot) or to firstname.lastname@example.org (Cheer/Sunsations).
NCAA Rules state that posters cannot be sent to prospective student-athletes.
The University of Miami, based on availability, will fulfill request for copies of our team sports schedule posters. Please complete the Poster Request Form and send complete form along with $5.00 to cover shipping and handling to:
5821 San Amaro Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33146
SCOREBOARD MESSAGE REQUESTS
NCAA Rules state that public announcements cannot mention any prospective student-athletes (anyone who has enrolled in high school or junior college). When submitting the names of the people mentioned in announcements, the University of Miami must be provided the names and ages/grade levels of the individuals who will be announced.
1. All scoreboard messages must be in good taste and requests can be denied by athletics staff if any portion of the message is deemed inappropriate. Acceptable messages include birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, wedding announcements, proposals and retirement announcements.
2. Requests should be made online using the Scoreboard Message Request Form at least one (1) week prior to the event. There are no exceptions to this rule.
1. $100/per text-only scoreboard message request at football, men’s or women’s basketball and $50 for baseball.
2. $500/per photo & text scoreboard message at football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball or baseball.
The Miami Hurricanes receive numerous requests year-round for ticket donations. While we wish we could support every organization and charity, we must limit our donations to only a handful of organizations. For information on the donation process, please e-mail email@example.com.
Donation Request Form
Fax completed form to 305-284-3362 at Attention: Community Relations, for approval.
Please include the following forms or information with your application:
1. Request MUST include a cover letter describing the function of the organization or event outlining the purpose of the donation.
2. Charitable groups must include a copy of the group’s government recognized 501(c)3.
1. Once your request has been submitted, allow 48 hours to send you a response confirming receipt and requesting any additional information or documentation.
2. All requests must be approved by our compliance department to assure that your organization and request are in line with NCAA rules.
3. Notifications will be via phone or e-mail to provide update of status (approval/denial).
All requests must be submitted a month prior to the event. The process can take up to three (3) weeks to complete. You can check the status of your application by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Donation Request Status, the name of your organization, date of request, nature of request and date of event in the body of the e-mail. Please allow 24 hours for response to your e-mail.