Sunday #CanesNotes: Miami Atop ACC Coastal
- With the win, Miami has its first three-game winning streak under @GoldenAl and first since the 2009 season.
- The Hurricanes have posted their first 3-0 ACC start since 2004 - the first season in the conference.
- Miami has now won 100 straight games when scoring at least 40 points. Last loss: Hail Flutie game, 1984. (h/t @ByTimReynolds)
- Phillip Dorsett's breakout season continues. Dorsett has 16 rec, 375 yds & 3 TDs in last 2 gms. Had 26 rec, 236 yds, 1 TD in first 15 gms
- Stephen Morris set Miami and @theACC single-game record with 566 passing yards vs @PackFootball (previous @theACC mark was 545, Rusty LaRue)
- #Canes recorded 23 points in first quarter against @PackFootball, most since Miami scored 27 points in 1Q at @OwlSports_com on Oct. 15, 2005.
- #Canes have recorded more than 400 yards of offense in three straight games.
- Miami's 651 yards against @PackFootball are third-most in UM history, trailing 689 vs. @UCLAFootball in 1998 and 655 vs. @BCSportsNews in 1984.
- 12 of Miami's 26 scoring drives this season have needed less than two minutes. #TwoMinuteDrill
- In each of Miami's four wins, the Canes made up a deficit of at least seven points to come back and win. #ComebackCanes
- In Miami's three @theACC wins, #Canes have scored 41 (@BCSportsNews), 42 (@GTAthletics) and 44 (@PackFootball). Have won by combined 22-point margin.
- #Canes defense has forced 12 turnovers (5 INT, 7 fumbles) in 5 games. Last season, UM forced 15 turnovers in 12 games.
- Miami's defense has recorded safety in back-to-back games for first time since 2008 (@FSU_Football & @UCF_Football).
- Redshirt freshman LB Eddie Johnson has forced 3 fumbles and racked up 31 tackles and 3.5 TFL. #NoseFortheFootball
- MLB Gionni Paul made career-first start vs @PackFootball and tallied career-high 11 tackles (had 11 career tackles prior). #GreatDebut
- Freshman S and Miami product Deon Bush has tallied 18 tackles - all solo stops. #SoloMachine
- Miami ha ganado tres juegos seguidos por primer vez desde Octubre 2009 (Oklahoma, FAMU, UCF)
- Stephen Morris rompio el record de yardas en un juego en la historia de Miami y el la historia del ACC (545 yds Rusty LaRue Wake Forest 1995)!
- Me gusta lo que dijo Stephen Morris :Mi trabajo es hacer las cosas bien en situaciones equivocadas".
WHAT WE'VE LEARNED FROM @BYTIMREYNOLDS
- Stephen Morris' 21.77 yards-per-completion rate was 4th-best in the country this year, and best by @theACC QB since 9/27/08.
- Stephen Morris had seven completions of at least 40 yards vs @PackFootball. He had a total of five in 2012 entering the day.
- Stephen Morris' 1,635 yards in five games this season exceed his total from his first two years at Miami (1,523).
- Stephen Morris' average of 327 yards passing per game is on pace to be most in @theACC since Philip Rivers (345.5, 2003).
- Miami's 1,260 yards of offense in its last two games is its most in a two-game span since last 2 games of 1998 season (1,283).
- UM is 1 of 4 FBS schools to post consecutive 600-yd games this season. (@OKStateFootball 3, @FSU_Football & @UCLAFootball 2).
- Miami's Phillip Dorsett is the only WR in the country with at least two 180-yard games this season. His total last year: 147 yards.
- #Canes are 3-0 in league play for 11th time. The Hurricanes have ended each of the other 10 seasons ranked no lower than No. 15. (Avg 7.4)
- Miami is now just 11-27 since 1996 when rushing for less than 100 yards (won five of last eight).
- Miami is 3-1 this season when allowing 30 points this season. Since 2004, the Hurricanes had been 3-20 when allowing 30 points.
- Miami is the only team in the nation with two safeties so far in 2012.