#GameDayPrep: North Carolina Game
The ACC Coastal Division leading Miami Hurricanes open their three-game homestand Saturday with the North Carolina Tar Heels. Kickoff is set for 2:32 p.m. ET on ESPNU and WatchESPN/ESPN3. Below is every fan's #GameDayPrep for Saturday's game:
Complete list of 2012 Miami Alumni Watch Parties
Saturday's honorary captain is Mark Diaz, Vice President for Budgeting and Planning at the University of Miami.
ESPN3 / WATCH ESPN
Saturday's game against North Carolina will be televised nationally on ESPNU and will also be available on WatchESPN/ESPN3. WatchESPN/ESPN3 is currently available for Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Verizon FiOS TV and Comcast Xfinity TV subscribers.
STUDENT BUS SCHEDULE
Buses will leave the University of Miami campus from Stanford Circle and will begin departing 3 hours prior to kickoff and will return at halftime.
All parking lots will be open four hours prior to kickoff at 10:30 a.m. Preferred tailgate lots (3, 5A) will open five hours prior to kick (9:30 a.m.). Green, Orange and cash lots will open four hours prior (10:30 a.m.), while RV lots will open six hours prior at 8:30 a.m. Click HERE for Sun Life Stadium parking map.
SLS TAILGATING POLICIES
Tailgating is a big part of the gameday experience for many fans. For safety and enjoyment of all, we ask that you please follow these Tailgating tips:
- Occupy only ONE parking space per vehicle. Please do not save spaces for others.
- Tailgate directly behind your vehicle using the designated 8'x10' space outlined on the ground.
- Do not block the fire lane with tents or other items; the lane is needed for emergency response vehicles. Miami-Dade Police Officers will patrol these areas to ensure compliance.
- No box trucks, trailers, grills in-tow or any catering service from an outside source may be brought in.
- No kegs are allowed on the property. Anyone dispensing beer from a keg will be asked to leave and the keg will be confiscated.
- No golf carts or motorized scooters of any kind permitted.
- No generators, home speakers, banners and/or DJ's may be used.
- Please keep music volume low and do not play music with inappropriate language.
- Barbeque grills are allowed, open-flame fires are not permitted.
- Extinguish hot coals with water before leaving the area.
- Do NOT dispose of charcoal briquettes on the ground. After they are cold, place them in a plastic bag and deposit them in a trash bin.
- Clean up your area before entering the stadium to watch the game so it's safe for you and others.
Please remember that Sun Life Stadium is private property and our rules and regulations will be strictly enforced for the safety and convenience of our guests.
GATE INFORMATION | NEW SLS FAN CONDUCT RULES
All stadium gates will open at 1 p.m. All patrons will be wanded as they enter the stadium. To avoid long lines and congestion, please get to the stadium early.
TICKET INFORMATION | SUN LIFE STADIUM MAP | 3D STADIUM VIEW
Great seats are still available for the UNC game. Call 1-800-GO-CANES, visit HurricaneSports.com or stop by the BankUnited Center on campus Friday to get your tickets. The ticket office will be open until 5 p.m. On gameday, ticket offices at Sun Life Stadium will open at 10:30 a.m. at Gates B, D, F and H. Ticket/Media Will Call will open at 10:30 a.m. at Gate H.
STUDENT TICKET INFORMATION
Check out this infographic on how to get your student tickets.
The Hurricane Walk, the newest gameday Miami Hurricanes tradition. Hurricanes fans are invited to take part in the walk by forming a "human tunnel" from Gate H (southwest corner of SLS) to Gate A. Join your fellow Hurricanes, the Band of the Hour, Sebastian the Ibis and the spirit squads as the 2012 Miami Hurricanes football team walks from its arrival point into Sun Life Stadium. To take part in this event and welcome the Canes in grand fashion, make sure you are at Gate H by 12:30 p.m.
HURRICANE CLUB TAILGATE
The Hurricane Club will hold a tailgate for its members in the Gate C Courtyard at Sun Life Stadium. The tailgate, featuring Shorty's Bar-B-Q, will run from Noon-2 p.m.; adults are $15 each, while children 12 and under are $10 each. Hurricane Club members must register for the tailgate.
Silver Canes, Golden Canes, Champions and Life Members (Hurricane Club) have the opportunity to watch the game from field level in the new Sideline Club, located in the Marlins' bullpen area in the northwest corner of the stadium. To receive your "Sideline Club" wristband, enter through Gate G.
UM EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION DAY
Date / Time: Sat., Oct. 13, 2012 / 2:32 p.m. ET
Site: Miami Gardens, Fla. / Sun Life Stadium (74,916)
Play-by-Play: Anish Shroff; Analyst: Dan Hawkins
Local Radio: 560 WQAM
Play-by-Play: Joe Zagacki; Analyst: Don Bailey Jr.;
Sideline: Josh Darrow
Spanish Radio: Caracol 1260 AM
Play-by-Play: Roly Martin;
Analysts: Pepe Campos and Joe Martinez
Student Radio: 90.5 FM WVUM
Talent: Kyle Sielaff, AJ Ricketts, Chip Brierre
Satellite Radio: Sirius 123, XM 191 (UM broadcast)
Live Stats: HurricaneSports.com
Live Video: ESPN3
Twitter Updates: @HurricaneSports / @LosHuracanes
Series: Tied, 7-7
Miami: Miami leads, 6-3
Chapel Hill: North Carolina leads, 4-1
First Meeting: 1946 - L, 0-21
Last Meeting: 2011 - W, 30-24
Streak: Miami, 2 wins