Baseball Opens Fall Practice
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The Miami Hurricanes baseball team officially opens its 2012-13 season schedule Tuesday, when the Canes take the diamond at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field for the first day of fall practice.
Under the direction of head coach Jim Morris, now in his 20th year at the helm of the program, the baseball team has high expectations for 2013 after recording its NCAA-record 40th-straight postseason appearance this past spring.
All practices at Alex Rodriguez Park, held every Monday through Saturday until Nov. 17, are open to the public. Practices are set to begin each day at 2:30 p.m.
Important dates pertaining to the fall schedule are listed below:
- Tuesday, Oct. 16 - First day of fall practice
- Tuesday, Nov. 6 - Orange & Green World Series, Game One
- Wednesday, Nov. 7 - Orange & Green World Series, Game Two
- Friday, Nov. 9 - Orange & Green World Series, Game Three
- Saturday, Nov. 10 - Orange & Green World Series, Game Four
- Monday, Nov. 12 - Orange & Green World Series, Game Five
- Saturday, Nov. 17 - Scout Day (10 a.m.)
For more information, follow Hurricanes Baseball on Twitter (@CanesBaseball) or visit the official team blog (TheUBaseball.com).