MIAMI SET FOR VISIT TO CAMERON INDOOR
- Duke is the lone undefeated team in the ACC (8-0).
- Meeting between teams with be 3rd straight at Duke.
- Miami has never beaten Duke (0-8).
- Katie Meier attended Duke (1985-90).
- Meier is a member of Blue Devils' Hall of Honor.
- At Duke, Meier was ACC Freshman of the Year and a Freshman All-American.
- A UM win would be 2nd over Top 10 team this season.
MEIER TO LEAD TEAM USA U19 SQUAD
• Katie Meier named head coach of 2013 USA U19 team that will compete in FIBA World Championship.
- Meier led 2012 USA U18 Women's National Team to a perfect 5-0 mark and the gold medal at the 2012 FIBA Americas U18 Championship.
- Trials to select the 12-member USA squad will be held May 16-19.
- The 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship, will be hosted by Lithuania from July 18-28 in Klaipeda and Panevė×ys.
TOUGH TO BEAT AT THE BANKUNITED CENTER
• Miami has won 52 of its last 54 games inside the BankUnited Center.
- The only two losses have come to No. 20 Tennessee Nov. 18, 2012 and No. 11 North Carolina (Jan. 27, 2013).
- Prior to its loss to UNC, Miami hadn't dropped a home ACC game since Feb. 21, 2010 to Georgia Tech, a span of 1,072 days.
SURIYA MCGUIRE: MS. BIG SHOT
- Suriya McGuire has scored 2 game-winning baskets this season.
- First came with 14 seconds left over then No. 6 Penn State (Nov. 29).
- Second game with 5 seconds left at Wake Forest (Jan. 24).
- McGuire scored a career-best 17 points vs. Wake.
- Leads all UM guards with 3.4 rebounds per game.
- 2nd on team in assists (2.3) and steals (1.6).
YDERSTROM STEPPING UP HER SENIOR SEASON
- Yderstrom has reached double-figure scoring in 13 games this season.
- 23 3-pointers have come in ACC play - ranks No. 1.
- 209 career 3s is second all-time at Miami (Riquna Williams, 272).
- 85% career FT shooter - best in school history.
- In ACC play, is 90% from the line (18-20).
- In ACC play, leads conference in 3FG% at 49%.
- Leads UM in assists (2.3), 2nd in scoring (12.9).
- Has started 95 consecutive games.
1,000 POINT CLUB
- Morgan Stroman and Stefanie Yderstrom have reached 1,000 career points this season.
- Stroman reached on Nov. 23 vs. FAU, became the 22nd player in UM history to do so.
- Yderstrom reached on Jan. 3 vs. Clemson.
BIG-TIME TEAM ON THE SMALL SCREEN
- 9 regular season games to be televised this season.
- Miami vs. Duke will be the 6th TV game of the season.
GREAT GAME, GREAT SEASON
- Morgan Stroman scored a career-best 28 points vs. UNC (Jan. 27).
- Leads Miami with 6 double-doubles on season, has 23 for her career.
- Leads UM in scoring (13.1), rebounds (8.7), steals (2.2) and blocks (1.3).
- Double digit rebounds in 8 games this season.
- 7th all-time at UM with 778 rebounds, 7th in FT attempts (514), 8th with 259 steals, 9th in FTs made (355) and 9th with 87 blocks.
- Missed second half of last season with torn Achilles'.
PEPPER TOO HOT FOR NC STATE TO HANDLE
• Shawnice "Pepper" Wilson has faced NC State 3 times since transferring to UM after her sophomore season.
- Averaged 11.3 points and 14 rebounds in those games.
- Then career-best 17 points and 17 rebounds at NC State as a junior.
CANES HAND NO. 6 PENN STATE FIRST LOSS
- Then No. 6 Penn State fell 69-65 on Nov. 29 at the BankUnited Center for their first loss.
- Miami forced Lady Lions into 20 first-half turnovers.
- Stroman led the Canes with 15 points and 5 steals.
- Yderstrom and Woods added 13 and 11 points.
- 2nd-highest ranked team UM has ever defeated (No. 5 Maryland - 2012).
UM HOLIDAY TOURNAMENT HONORS
- Consecutive 18-point efforts vs. Central Connecticut State and Wisconsin led Stefanie Yderstrom to be named tournament MVP
- Shawnice Wilson totaled 16 points and 19 rebounds while freshman Keyona Hayes picked up her third double-double (11 points, 15 rebounds) of the season against the Blue Devils. Each earned a spot on the all-tournament team.
GETTING OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT
• After rout of UNF, the Hurricanes are 32-9 in season-opening games.
- UM is a combined 24-3 when they open the season at home, including a perfect 8-0 record when opening the season at the BankUnited Center.
HITTING THE BOOKS
- Stefanie Yderstrom named to the ACC All-Academic Team each of the last two seasons.
- Sports administration major, has earned an overall 3.28 GPA and a was named to the dean's list last spring with a 3.66 GPA.
MEIER ENTERS EIGHTH SEASON AT MIAMI
• Katie Meier and her staff will begin their 8th year at the helm in Coral Gables.
- UM advanced to the NCAA tournament 2nd round for the 2nd consecutive season in 2012
- Canes finished 2nd in ACC with a 14-2 record in 2011-12
- Miami finished with a 26-6 record.
- 3rd straight 20-win season for Meier.
UM THANKSGIVING TOURNAMENT HONORS
- Morgan Stroman was named Tournament MVP.
- Stroman had 11 rebounds in each game (Radford, FAU).
- Stroman score a then season-best 22 points vs. Radford.
- Stefanie Yderstrom led all scorers with 19 points against FAU and was named to the all-tournament team.
RETURNING ALL-ACC PERFORMERS
• Morgan Stroman and Stefanie Yderstrom have each been named 3rd Team All-ACC.
- Yderstrom earned it last season, leading the ACC with 68 3-pointers.
- Stroman was well on her way to earning ACC honors for the 2nd consecutive season before her Achilles' injury.
- She earned All-ACC honors as a sophomore.
UM STUDENT-ATHLETES SET GSR RECORD
• The University of Miami recorded a department-wide school-record Graduation Success Rate (GSR) of 93 percent, according to the rates released Oct. 25 by the NCAA.
- As a department, Miami's 93 percent GSR ranks fourth among ACC schools and is eighth overall among FBS schools. Overall, the University of Miami athletic department has improved from 77 to 93 percent from 2005 to 2012, a year after UM student-athletes posted a then-record 89 percent GSR in 2011. UM has exceeded the NCAA average GSR in each of the last eight years.
- Six UM teams compiled GSR marks of 100 percent; men's diving and golf posted its eighth consecutive perfect GSR mark, while women's tennis recorded its ﬁ fth straight GSR score of 100 percent. Also adding perfect GSR scorers were women's rowing, women's golf, women's swimming and volleyball.
- Volleyball posted a perfect score for the second consecutive year, while both rowing and women's swimming set program-record highs for GSR.
- Football jumped six points from 88 to 94 in 2012, tying for the third-highest GSR score among FBS schools and improving by 27 points (67 to 94) from 2010. Baseball had the largest jump of any UM program, improving by 20 points (60 to 80).
- The most recent Division I Graduation Success Rates are based on the four entering classes from 2002-2003 through 2005-06.
A PREMIER SCHEDULE
• ACC schedule expanded to 18 games.
- UM welcomed No. 6 Penn State (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) and No. 20 Tennessee to BankUnited Center.
- Canes traveled to face Rutgers in non-conference schedule.
• The Canes welcome freshmen Caprice Dennis (G, 5-9) from Detroit, Keyona Hayes (F, 6-1) from Marietta, Ga., and Macy Keen (C, 6-6) from nearby Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., to the 2012-13 squad.
- In their debuts, Dennis finished the night with five points, three assists and two steals. Hayes had four points and Keen added three rebounds and a free throw.
FORMER STARS IN THE WNBA
- UM's Shenise Johnson and Riquna Williams were selected by the San Antonio Silver Stars and the Tulsa Shock with the fifth and 17th picks, respectively, in the 2012 WNBA Draft.
- Johnson and Williams became the 3rd and 4th players in UM history to be selected in the WNBA Draft.
- Williams was named to the 2012 WNBA All-Rookie Team.
UM CLASS RANKED 11TH
- 3 high school standouts, Adrienne Motley (Newport News, Va.), Nigia Greene (Atlanta, Ga.) and Jessica Thomas (Gainesville, Fla.), each signed with the Canes.
- The trio will join the Hurricanes for the 2013-14 academic year.
- Motley, a 5-9 guard from Woodside High, ranked No. 27 overall prospect and 7th best PG in the nation by ESPN HoopGurlz.
- Greene is a 4-star prospect according to ESPN HoopGurlz. Ranked No. 41 overall, and the 9th-best guard in the nation.
- Thomas ranked 48th best PG in nation by ESPN HoopGurlz. In 2011, the 5-6 guard led the Buchholz High to semifinals of the Florida Girls State Basketball Playoffs.
- Younger sister of Hurricane legend Lamar Thomas.
- All three members incoming class have been nominated to play in the 2013 McDonald's All-American Game.