#20 Miami vs. UW-Milwaukee Panthers
Feb. 22-24, 2013
Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field | Coral Gables, Fla.
Fri: 7 p.m, Sat: 7 p.m., Sun: 1 p.m.
Series: Miami leads, 1-0
Last Meeting: March 20, 2002 in Coral Gables, Fla. | Miami won 10-3
The Miami Hurricanes open a five-game homestand Friday, when visiting Milwaukee arrives for a weekend series at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.
Friday: Soph. LHP Chris Diaz (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Sr. RHP Cale Tassi (0-0, 3.60 ERA)
Saturday: Jr. RHP Javi Salas (1-0, 0. 00 ERA) vs. Jr. LHP Mike Schneider (1-0, 0.00 ERA)
Sunday: Soph. LHP Andrew Suarez (1-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. So. RHP Eric King (0-1, 27.00 ERA)
The Hurricanes won the only matchup between the two teams in the series history, capturing a 10-3 victory at Mark Light Field on March 20, 2002.
WQAM 560 will broadcast live from Mark Light for Saturday's "Remembering Ron Fraser" game, with Mike Levine on the call. WVUM 90.5 will carry all three games against the Panthers.
A live video stream will be available at first pitch for each of this weekend's games through HurricaneSports.com. For more information, click HERE.
Jim Morris is in his 34th season as a head coach and 20th with the Miami Hurricanes. He has a 1,488-629-4 (.702) career record, including a 854-321-3 mark at Miami, where he has guided the team to two National Championships (1999, 2001).
Projected temperatures at first pitch: Friday: 70° | Saturday: 69°| Sunday: 66°
HURRICANES REMAIN UNDEFEATED
• The Hurricanes overcame the odds with a 5-4 win in Boca Raton Wednesday night. Down 4-2 to FAU in the eighth, a two-run homer from freshman David Thompson helped force extras, where Brad Fieger's RBI single won it in the top of the 11th.
• With their dramatic win over FAU, the Hurricanes opened the season a perfect 4-0 for the second consecutive year.
• Wednesday's game marked the first extra-inning game for Miami in 2013, whose last extended game came against Florida State in April 2012 - lost on a single in the bottom of the 10th.
HOME SWEET HOME
• Miami opens up a five-game homestand Friday when visiting Milwaukee arrives for a weekend series. The Hurricanes play midweek games with Saint Thomas (Feb. 26) and Barry (Feb. 27) before departing for Florida Thursday, Feb. 28.
• 31 of Miami’s remaining 49 games will be played inside the friendly confines of Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.
• The Hurricanes finished 2012 with a home record of 25-10 (.714), including a 10-5 mark in conference play.
STARTING OFF STRONG
• Despite missing two top arms due to injury (Eric Whaley and Bryan Radziewski), the Hurricanes starters put on an impressive showing in their opening series with Rutgers.
• LHP Chris Diaz, RHP Javi Salas and LHP Andrew Suarez combined for 17 innings in three starts, and did not allow any earned runs. Miami will use the same rotation against UWM.
• Diaz and Salas each allowed one unearned run in the Opening Day doubleheader, while Suarez, making his first career start as a Hurricane in Sunday’s series finale, allowed zero runs in a 7-0 shutout win.
• The Panthers (2-2) split a four-game opening set on the road at New Mexico State, a team receiving votes in many collegiate baseball preseason polls.