#20 Miami vs. Maine | UCF
March 5, 2013 | March 6, 2013
6 p.m. | 6 p.m.
Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field | Coral Gables, Fla.
TV: Canes All-Access ($)
Radio: WVUM 90.5 FM
vs. Maine: Miami leads, 60-12
vs. UCF: Miami leads, 16-4
vs. Maine: Miami won, 7-5 (March 12, 2008)
vs. UCF: Miami lost, 1-4 (April 4, 2012)
WVUM 90.5 will both Tuesday's game against Maine and Wednesday's game against UCF. Tune in via radio dial, or online at WVUM.org.
Jim Morris is in his 35th season as a head coach and 20th with the Miami Hurricanes. He has a 1,495-631-4 (.701) career record, including a 860-323-3 mark at Miami, where he has guided the team to two National Championships (1999, 2001).
Hurricanes Return Home
• After a weekend trip to Gainesville, No. 24 Miami opens a season-long seven-game homestand beginning Tuesday against Maine.
• Boosted by a midweek sweep of St. Thomas and Barry, the Hurricanes opened the season 10-0 for the first time since 1981. Eight of those first 10 wins came inside the friendly confines of Alex Rodriguez Park.
• After their midweek games against Maine and UCF, Miami continues on its homestand with a weekend series against Duke (March 8-10) and a pair of games with visiting Illinois State (March 12 & 13).
• Though his career-opening 10-game hitting streak ended in a March 2 loss at Florida, junior second baseman Alex Hernandez has reached base safely in all 12 games this season.
• Junior third baseman Brad Fieger has opened the season on fire, recording hits in a career-best 11 straight games. His streak dates back to game two of Miami's season-opening doubleheader against Rutgers back on Feb. 16.
• Freshman Brandon Lopez is riding a career-best six-game hitting streak into Tuesday's game against Maine. The Miramar, Fla., native had a career three-hit performance in the team's series-opening win against Florida (March 1).
• Freshman David Thompson has played a key role in Miami's early success, ranking first on the team and tied for fourth in the conference with 16 RBI's.
• The Miami, Fla., native connected for Miami's first homerun of the season on the road at FAU, a two-run shot that tied the game up at 4-4 in the eighth inning.
• Thompson has recorded at least one RBI in every Hurricanes' game but two this season, and delivered his third game-winning hit of the season in Miami's 3-2 win over Florida on March 1.