No. 28 Wake Forest vs. No. 50 Miami
|No. 60 Amogh Prabhakar||6||6|
|No. 77 David Hopkins/Amogh Prabhakar||8(4)|
|No. 66 Wilfredo Gonzalez/Omar Aly||7|
|Danny Kreyman/Adam Lee||6|
|Diego Soto/Gabriel Flores||8|
|Jon Ho/Sam Bloom||8|
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The 50th-ranked University of Miami men’s tennis team met a stiff challenge from No. 28 Wake Forest and dropped a 6-1 decision today at the Wake Forest Tennis Complex in Winston Salem, N.C. Miami drops to 1-3 in ACC play but still hold a solid 12-7 overall record on the dual season.
Doubles competition was tightly contested between the Hurricanes and Demon Deacons, as the point differential between all three courts totaled five. Marco Stancati and Henrique Tsukamoto competed hard at No. 3 doubles but dropped an 8-6 decision to Wake Forest’s Jon Ho and Sam Bloom. The Demon Deacons clinched the doubles point on court two, as Danny Kreyman and Adam Lee downed Miami’s Gabriel Flores and Diego Soto, 8-6.
The remaining doubles match on court one culminated in a tiebreaker, but Miami’s 66th-ranked duo of Wilfredo Gonzalez and Omar Aly dropped a close 8-7(4) decision to No. 77 David Hopkins and Amogh Prabhakar.
In singles competition, Danny Kreyman extended Wake Forest’s lead to 2-0 when he downed Gabriel Flores, 7-5, 6-3 at No. 2 singles.
Wake Forest clinched the match on court six, as Morgan Hays defeated UM’s Henrique Tsukamoto, 7-5, 6-4.
Scoring for the Hurricanes was Diego Soto. The Mardid, Spain native jumped out to a quick 6-3 win in the first set before battling hard to a 7-6 win in the second to finish off Wake Forest’s David Hopkins at the No. 1 position.
The Hurricanes will remain in North Carolina for a match on Sunday, March 31 against No. 38 North Carolina State at 2 p.m. at the Dail Outdoor Tennis Stadium in Raleigh, N.C.
For more information on the University of Miami men’s tennis team, log on to HurricaneSports.com. To follow the UM men’s tennis team socially, visit Twitter.com/CanesMensTennis and Facebook at /MiamiHurricanesMensTennis.
1. Diego Soto (MIA) def. David Hopkins (WF) 6-3, 7-6
2. Danny Kreyman (WF) def. Gabriel Flores (MIA) 7-5, 6-3
3. No. 60 Amogh Prabhakar (WF) def. Wilfredo Gonzalez (MIA) 6-4, 6-3
4. Adam Lee (WF) def. Marco Stancati (MIA) 6-3, 6-7, 1-0(4)
5. Jon Ho (WF) def. Victor Mauz (MIA) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
6. Morgan Mays (WF) def. Henrique Tsukamoto (MIA) 7-5, 6-4
1. No. 77 David Hopkins/Amogh Prabhakar (WF) def. No. 66 Omar Aly/Wilfredo Gonzalez (MIA) 8-7(4)
2. Danny Kreyman/Adam Lee (WF) def. Gabriel Flores/Diego Soto (MIA) 8-6
3. Jon Ho/Sam Bloom (WF) def. Henrique Tsukamoto/Marco Stancati (MIA) 8-6