Cheerleading Tryout Information
Tryouts for both the All Girl and Coed team will take place on Sunday, April 21st at 3:30 pm and Monday, April 22nd at 6:30 pm in the Knight Sports Complex next to the Hecht Athletic Center: 5821 San Amaro Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33146 on the University of Miami’s Coral Gables Campus.
· Please wear form fitting clothing and “game day” hair and makeup; we want to see how you would put yourself together for a game (no ponytails). The second day of tryouts you will be required to wear a sports bra/midriff.
· Will be evaluated on a cheer, a dance (both taught at tryouts), standing and running tumbling, and basic stunt technique.
· A standing back tuck is strongly encouraged, but a standing back handspring and round-off back handspring series are minimum tumbling requirements
· No formal experience is necessary
· Love sports and fitness
· Many males first experience with cheerleading is once they enter our gym for tryouts and/or practice
Miami cheerleaders come from a variety of backgrounds, including cheerleading, either in high school or at all-star gyms, gymnastics, football, wrestling, etc. All squad members are expected to be great crowd leaders, tumblers, stunters, and be able to project the image of a collegiate athlete, while representing the University of Miami. Because of these responsibilities, we are looking for skilled and talented athletes, as well as well-rounded students, who embrace the ability to be coached.
ALL CANDIDATES must be a full-time student at the University of Miami or have been accepted and plan to attend the University of Miami for the Fall 2013 semester as a full time student. *Each candidate will be required to submit their C#.