Miami vs. St John's
May 3-5, 2013 | 7 p.m., 7 p.m., Noon
Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field | Coral Gables, Fla.
Radio: WQAM 560 (all three games) | WVUM 90.5 FM (all three games)
Series: First meeting between two programs
Miami Hurricanes 29-18 (11-13 ACC)
Roster | Coaches | Schedule & Results | Stats
St. John's Red Storm 20-27 (7-11 BIG EAST)
Roster | Schedule & Results | Stats
Friday night's series opener will mark the first head-to-head meeting between the two programs.
Miami SO. LHP Chris Diaz (3-4, 1.53 ERA) vs. STJ RHP James Lomangino (1-3, 3.58 ERA)
Miami JR. LHP Bryan Radziewski (7-1, 0.95 ERA) vs. STJ LHP Sean Hagan (3-5, 5.76 ERA)
Miami SO. LHP Andrew Suarez (3-3, 3.11 ERA) vs. STJ LHP Ryan Horstman (5-5, 1.99 ERA)
WQAM 560 will carry all three games live, with Joe Zagacki and Mike Levine on the call. WVUM 90.5 will also broadcast all three games live from The Light.
Jim Morris is in his 35th season as a head coach and 20th with the Miami Hurricanes. He has a 1,514-647-4 (.701) career record, including a 879-339-3 mark at Miami, where he has guided the team to two National Championships (1999, 2001).
• After their weekend series on the road in Chestnut Hill, Mass., the Hurricanes return home for a three-game series against visiting St. John’s University. First pitch for Friday’s series opener is set for 7 p.m. from Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.
• Boosted by some impressive wins in their conference schedule, the Hurricanes are ranked No. 18 in the newest WarrenNolancom Rating Percentage Index (RPI), while the team’s 2013 schedule is currently ranked the third-toughest overall.
• In addition to its own impressive RPI rank, the Hurricanes have eight wins against teams rated in the top 20 RPI and 12 wins against teams ranked in the top 50 RPI - both important factors in postseason projections and consideration.
• The Hurricanes will look to their weekend rotation of southpaws Chris Diaz, Bryan Radziewski, and Andrew Suarez to continue their winning ways against the Red Storm. The weekend series marks the first-ever matchup between the two programs.
• Radziewski has been particularly impressive for the Hurricanes, and was rewarded with a selection to the 2013 Golden Spikes Award midseason watch list. Radziewski ranks at or near the top of the conference in every pitching statistical category.
• The weekend series will pit two coaches with 50 combined years of Division I leadership: Jim Morris and Ed Blankenmeyer.