Miami at Wake Forest
May 10-12, 2013 | 6 p.m., 4 p.m., 1 p.m.
Gene Hooks Field at Wake Forest Baseball Park | Winston-Salem, N.C.
Radio: WQAM 560 (all three games)
TV: ACC Digital Network (Friday, Saturday)
Series Advantage: Miami leads 29-6
The Hurricanes own a 29-6 all-time advantage over the Demon Deacons, including nine of the last ten head-to-head match-ups. Miami took three of four against Wake Forest in 2012, including two of three in a series at The Light and a 6-3 decision at the 2012 ACC Championship in Greensboro, N.C.
Miami SO. LHP Chris Diaz (4-4, 1.42 ERA) vs. WF RHP Justin Van Grouw (4-6, 3.70 ERA)
Miami JR. LHP Bryan Radziewski (8-1, 0.97 ERA) vs. WF LHP Austin Stadler (5-3, 3.57 ERA)
Miami SO. LHP Andrew Suarez (3-3, 2.94 ERA) vs. TBD
WVUM 90.5 will carry all three games live, with Gabriel Ibrahim and Andres Leon on the call. The ACC Digital Network will also stream Friday and Saturday night's games live - visit TheACC.org for more information.
Jim Morris is in his 35th season as a head coach and 20th with the Miami Hurricanes. He has a 1,517-647-4 (.701) career record, including a 882-339-3 mark at Miami, where he has guided the team to two National Championships (1999, 2001).
• After sweeping their recent weekend series against St. John’s at home, the Hurricanes hit the road for a three-game set against conference foe Wake Forest. First pitch for Friday’s series opener is set for 6 p.m. from Wake Forest Baseball Park.
• Boosted by some impressive wins in their conference schedule, the Hurricanes are ranked No. 17 in the newest WarrenNolancom Rating Percentage Index (RPI), while the team’s 2013 schedule is currently ranked the third-toughest overall.
• In addition to its own impressive RPI rank, the Hurricanes have eight wins against teams rated in the top 20 RPI and 10 wins against teams ranked in the top 50 RPI - both considered as important factors in postseason selection and placement.
• The Hurricanes will look to their weekend rotation of southpaws Chris Diaz, Bryan Radziewski, and Andrew Suarez to continue their winning ways against the Deacs. Miami boasts a 29-6 all-time series advantage, including nine of the last ten.
• Radziewski was recognized for his impressive season with a selection to the Golden Spikes Award midseason watch list. In the most recent NCAA statistics report, he ranks second in hits per nine innings (4.73), sixth in ERA (0.97) and eighth in WHIP (0.82).
• The weekend series will pit two coaches with nearly 50 combined years of Division I leadership: Jim Morris and Tom Walter.
• Eric Nedeljkovic, who leads the conference with 12 saves, was recently named to the NCBWA Stopper of the Year Watch List