Friday marks the third season under head coach Al Golden. At halftime of the season opener, the Hurricanes will honor former head coach Howard Schnellenberger and the 1983 National Championship team.
|Helpful Links: 2013 Media Almanac • Season Statistics • Game Notes • Depth Chart • TheUFootball.com|
GAME INFORMATION - GAME 1
RV/RV MIAMI HURRICANES (0-0) vs. NR/NR FLORIDA ATLANTIC OWLS (0-0)
Friday, Aug. 30, 2013 • 8 p.m. • ESPNU • Miami Gardens, Fla. • Sun Life Stadium (74,916)
Record in Season Openers: 59-27-1 (.684)
Miami Record in Home Openers at SLS: 5-0
ESPNU • Tom Hart, Play-by-Play • John Congemi, Analyst • Brooke Weisbrod, Sideline Reporter
WQAM 560 AM • Joe Zagacki, PXP • Don Bailey Jr., Analyst • Josh Darrow, Sideline Reporter
RADIO CARACOL 1260 AM • Roly Martin, PXP • Pepe Campos, Analyst • Joe Martinez, Analyst
WVUM 90.5 FM • Chris Wittyngham • Alex Schwartz
Satellite Radio • XM 191 (Home radio feed)
- First football meeting between Miami and Florida Atlantic
- Miami is playing on Friday night for the 285th time in program history and has posted a 171-103-10 record in Friday contests.
- More than 75 members of the 1983 National Championship team will be honored for the 30-year reunion (30-year reunion logo attached)
- Duke Johnson last 4 games in 2012: 1,003 all-purpose yards, 7 TD
- Stephen Morris last 4 games in 2012: 1,131 yards, 11 TD, 0 INT, 60% completion, 179.37 passing efficiency
|Check out our #InfographicNotes previewing the FAU game|
NFL BAG POLICY (VIEW GRAPHIC OF APPROVED BAGS)
The National Football League’s new bag policy will be in effect for all seven 2013 Miami Hurricanes home games at Sun Life Stadium. However, there will be flexibility at the gates during the first few games as this new policy is implemented. The new bag policy, which was established with fan safety and expedited entry in mind, places limits on the size and type of bags which may be brought into Sun Life Stadium. Fans may continue to carry pockets items such as keys, makeup, combs, phones, wallets and credit cards. As part of this initiative, each season-ticket account will receive one (1) approved bag which they may use at their convenience.
SLS staff will be patrolling the parking lots to educate fans about the new policy with flyers and signage. Staff will also hand out one-gallon bags in the lots and at the stadium gates.
Below are the NFL approved bags fans may carry into the stadium:
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” and 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at Gate E designated for this purpose.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.
PARKING INFO FOR FAU GAME
Parking information for Miami’s Aug. 30 game vs. FAU:
- RV lot will open at 2 p.m.
- Green lot will open at 3 p.m.
- Blue, Orange, Maroon and Purple lots will open at 4 p.m.
- Stadium gates will open at 6:30 p.m.
Sandbar Sports Grill (@SandbarGrove), located 3064 Grand Ave. in Coconut Grove, will be the new location for the Hurricane Hotline, which begins Monday, August 26. Fans are encouraged to join third-year head coach Al Golden, various assistant coaches and players each week during the 2013 football season. The Hurricane Hotline, hosted by Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr., will air from 7-9 p.m. on WQAM – players from 7-7:30 p.m., Coach Golden from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and an assistant coach from 8:30-9 p.m.