Saturday is the first series meeting since 2008 and the first UM home game in the series since 2003. Brock Berlin, who led Miami to 28 unanswered points and a 38-33 come-from-behind victory over Florida in 2003, will be the Hurricanes' Honorary Captain for Saturday's game vs. the Gators.
|Helpful Links: 2013 Media Almanac • Season Statistics • Game Notes • Depth Chart • TheUFootball.com|
GAME INFORMATION - GAME 2
RV/RV MIAMI HURRICANES (1-0) vs. 10/10 FLORIDA GATORS (1-0)
Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013 • 12 p.m. ET • ESPN • Miami Gardens, Fla. • Sun Life Stadium (76,854)
ESPN • Dave Pasch, Play-by-Play • Brian Griese, Analyst • Tom Luginbill, Sideline Reporter
WQAM 560 AM • Joe Zagacki, PXP • Don Bailey Jr., Analyst • Josh Darrow, Sideline Reporter
RADIO CARACOL 1260 AM • Roly Martin, PXP • Pepe Campos, Analyst • Joe Martinez, Analyst
WVUM 90.5 FM • Chris Wittyngham • Alex Schwartz
COMPASS MEDIA NETWORKS • Gregg Daniels, PXP • Dale Hellestrae, Analyst
Satellite Radio • SiriusXM 91
- 55th series meeting between Miami and Florida, first since 2008 and first on Miami’s home field since 2003
- Miami accumulated 500+ yards of total offense in a season opener for the first time since 2002
- Miami has not allowed a TD at home since Nov. 1, 2012 vs. Virginia Tech – a span of nearly 161 minutes.
- Duke Johnson last 5 games: 1,227 all-purpose yards, 8 TD
- Junior DE Anthony Chickillo has started 22 consecutive games along the defensive line, the Canes’ longest active streak
|Check out #InfographicNotes previewing Florida game|
'WHITE OUT THE GATORS'
Saturday's in-state showdown between the Miami Hurricanes and the Florida Gators has been declared "White Out the Gators". All Canes fans are encouraged to wear white. Category 5, the student-run organization, led the charge for 6,000 white shirts to be distributed to UM students for Saturday’s game. The shirts feature an Al Golden tie and a pair of Sebastian the Ibis sunglasses. Students can receive their white out shirts at Friday’s 6 p.m. pep rally at the University of Miami’s new Student Activities Center.
MIAMI TO HOLD STUDENT PEP RALLY FRIDAY
In anticipation of Saturday’s in-state showdown against the Florida Gators, the University of Miami will hold a student pep rally Friday at the Student Activities Center. The pep rally will be the first event held at the new patio along Lake Osceola, which is located on back side of the brand new Student Activities Center. The Pep Rally will run from 6-6:30 p.m. President Donna E. Shalala, Director of Athletics Blake James, Category 5 President Andrew Wyatt and honorary game captain Brock Berlin are scheduled to speak during Friday’s pep rally. Sebastian the Ibis, University of Miami cheerleaders, Sunsations and the Frost Band of the Hour will also be in attendance.
NFL BAG POLICY (VIEW GRAPHIC OF APPROVED BAGS)
The National Football League’s new bag policy will be in effect for all seven 2013 Miami Hurricanes home games at Sun Life Stadium. However, there will be flexibility at the gates during the first few games as this new policy is implemented. The new bag policy, which was established with fan safety and expedited entry in mind, places limits on the size and type of bags which may be brought into Sun Life Stadium. Fans may continue to carry pockets items such as keys, makeup, combs, phones, wallets and credit cards. As part of this initiative, each season-ticket account will receive one (1) approved bag which they may use at their convenience.
SLS staff will be patrolling the parking lots to educate fans about the new policy with flyers and signage. Staff will also hand out one-gallon bags in the lots and at the stadium gates.
Below are the NFL approved bags fans may carry into the stadium:
One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” and 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at Gate E designated for this purpose.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.
PARKING INFO FOR FLORIDA GAME
Parking information for Miami’s Sept. 7 game vs. Florida:
- RV and Green lots will open at 5 a.m.
- Blue, Orange, Maroon and Purple lots will open at 6 a.m.
- Stadium gates will open at 10 a.m.
- Kickoff is set for noon on ESPN
Sandbar Sports Grill (@SandbarGrove), located 3064 Grand Ave. in Coconut Grove, will be the new location for the Hurricane Hotline. Fans are encouraged to join third-year head coach Al Golden, various assistant coaches and players each week during the 2013 football season. The Hurricane Hotline, hosted by Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr., will air from 7-9 p.m. on WQAM – players from 7-7:30 p.m., Coach Golden from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and an assistant coach from 8:30-9 p.m.