No. 15 Football Closes Non-ACC Slate at USF
Riding a five-game winning streak, No. 15/15 Miami (3-0) closes out its nonconference schedule Saturday against the USF Bulls (0-3) in Tampa. Kickoff is set for noon ET on ESPNU.
Miami, who is ranked No. 15 in both polls this week, is 3-0 for the first time since 2004. Miami leads the all-time series 4-1 and has won both previous meetings in Tampa.
|Helpful Links: 2013 Media Almanac • Season Statistics • Game Notes • Depth Chart • TheUFootball.com|
GAME INFORMATION - GAME 4
15/15 MIAMI HURRICANES (3-0) at USF BULLS (0-3)
Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013 • 12 p.m. ET • ESPNU • Tampa, Fla. • Raymond James Stadium (65,787)
ESPNU • Tom Hart, Play-by-Play • John Congemi, Analyst
WQAM 560 AM • Joe Zagacki, PXP • Don Bailey Jr., Analyst • Josh Darrow, Sideline Reporter
RADIO CARACOL 1260 AM • Roly Martin, PXP • Pepe Campos, Analyst • Joe Martinez, Analyst
WVUM 90.5 FM • Chris Wittyngham • Chip Brierre • Gabriel Ibrahim
Satellite Radio • Sirius 136 • XM 191
- Miami ranks fourth nationally in both pass efficiency defense and red zone defense.
- Miami’s offensive line has allowed only two sacks through 3 games – tied for the ACC lead and t5th among FBS schools.
- Miami’s defense has allowed only three touchdowns through 3 games this season.
- Duke Johnson is tied for 11th nationally in all-purpose yards per game (168.33) – second-most in the ACC.
- Duke Johnson is the only player in Miami history with at least 3 kickoff returns of 95+ yards in his career.
|Check out #InfographicNotes previewing USF game|
NFL BAG POLICY (VIEW GRAPHIC OF APPROVED BAGS)
The National Football League’s new bag policy will be in effect for all seven 2013 Miami Hurricanes home games at Sun Life Stadium. The new bag policy, which was established with fan safety and expedited entry in mind, places limits on the size and type of bags which may be brought into Sun Life Stadium. Fans may continue to carry pockets items such as keys, makeup, combs, phones, wallets and credit cards. As part of this initiative, each season-ticket account will receive one (1) approved bag which they may use at their convenience. This policy also applies for Saturday's game against USF at Raymond James Stadium.
SLS staff will be patrolling the parking lots to educate fans about the new policy with flyers and signage. Staff will also hand out one-gallon bags in the lots and at the stadium gates.
Below are the NFL approved bags fans may carry into the stadium:
One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” and 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at Gate E designated for this purpose.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.
Sandbar Sports Grill (@SandbarGrove), located 3064 Grand Ave. in Coconut Grove, will be the new location for the Hurricane Hotline. Fans are encouraged to join third-year head coach Al Golden, various assistant coaches and players each week during the 2013 football season. The Hurricane Hotline, hosted by Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr., will air from 7-9 p.m. on WQAM – players from 7-7:30 p.m., Coach Golden from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and an assistant coach from 8:30-9 p.m.