ACC Coastal Road Test on Deck at Duke
The 23rd-ranked Miami Hurricanes (7-2, 3-2 ACC) take their nine-game series winning streak to Durham, N.C., to face ACC Coastal Division rival Duke (7-2, 3-2 ACC). Saturday's game will kick at 3:30 p.m. ET on ESPNU.
Miami, which has been ranked for 10 straight weeks in the AP Top 25, won last year's meeting in Durham (52-45) in the Hurricanes' season finale.
|View #BeatDuke Infographic Game Notes|
Miami leads 9-1 and won last 9 meetings ... Miami is 5-0 in Durham ... Fourth meeting with Miami ranked in Top 25 ... Canes have scored 40+ plus vs. Duke on five occasions.
ESPNU • Anish Shroff, Play-by-Play • Kelly Stouffer, Analyst
WQAM 560 AM • Joe Zagacki, PXP • Don Bailey Jr., Analyst • Josh Darrow, Sideline Reporter
RADIO CARACOL 1260 AM • Roly Martin, PXP • Pepe Campos, Analyst • Joe Martinez, Analyst
SATELLITE RADIO • Sirius 137 • XM 195 (Duke Broadcast)
- Senior QB Stephen Morris is the only QB in Miami history to throw multiple 80-yard completions in ACC play. Morris threw TD passes of 84 and 81 yards against Virginia Tech.
- If P Pat O’Donnell met the NCAA minimum of 3.6 punts per game, his 47.8 yards-per-punt would rank second in FBS.
- Junior LB Denzel Perryman has 78 tackles, including 51 solo stops.
- Miami has 21 takeaways in 2013, one shy of matching its 2012 total (22).
- Sophomore RB Duke Johnson will miss the rest of the season (fractured ankle).
MAKING THE BIG PLAY (Stat courtesy of Tim Reynolds, Associated Press)
- Despite both passes coming in a loss to Virginia Tech, Miami QB Stephen Morris had the two longest passes of his career against ACC opponents, with an 81-yarder to Stacy Coley followed by an 84-yarder to Allen Hurns.
- Morris became the first quarterback from an FBS school with two completions of 80 yards or more in the same game since Arkansas’s Ryan Mallett did it against LSU in 2010.
- He’s also the first ACC quarterback since at least 1995 to have two completions of 80 yards in the same game. And he now has three of the five longest completions by any Miami quarterback in an ACC game.
|2013 Media Almanac • Season Statistics • Game Notes • Depth Chart • TheUFootball.com|
STILL THE BOSS
- Per @ByTimReynolds, Miami owns the highest average AP ranking since 1983. The Hurricanes have spent 10 consecutive weeks in the AP Top 25 this season. Miami was ranked No. 7 for two weeks earlier this season. Since 1983, Miami’s average AP rank is 7.5.
- Graduate P Pat O'Donnell is averaging 47.5 yards per punt through nine games for the Miami Hurricanes. However, O’Donnell doesn’t rank among the leaders in any NCAA statistical categories because he doesn’t meet the minimum 3.6 punts / game requirement.
- O’Donnell’s 47.5 yards-per-punt clip would be second among FBS punters.