Men's Tennis Defeats No. 75 Presbyterian
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami men's tennis team defeated No. 75 Presbyterian College, 4-0, Tuesday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.
"I think the team did great today," said assistant coach Mark Dickson. "Diego [Soto] and Gabriel [Flores] got out to huge leads. Everyone played tough and handled adversity well. It was a well-deserved win."
In doubles, Gabriel Flores and Diego Soto earned a good victory against Ben Kelley and Ryan Miller, 8-1. Omar Aly and Wilfredo Gonzalez secured the doubles point for the Hurricanes, defeating Rafael Berghaus and Joel Roberts, 8-4. William Albanese and Henrique Tsukamoto's doubles match against Grayson Mills and Diego Manzanas went unfinished.
Diego Soto played great tennis as he took home the second point for the Hurricanes. Soto defeated Rafael Berghaus, 6-0, 6-0. Gabriel Flores followed Soto’s win, defeating Ryan Miller, 6-0, 6-1, putting the Hurricanes up 3-0. William Albanese secured the winning point, defeating Ben Kelley, 6-1, 6-4. The remainder of singles matches went unfinished.
"We need to take the next three hours to eat, ice tub and prepare for a tough team that comes in at 4 p.m., in Xavier," said Dickson.
Miami now holds a 5-3 spring season record. Play continues for the Hurricanes today at 4 p.m. when they take on Xavier University.
Make sure to stay connected with the Canes and follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @CanesMensTennis.
Miami 4, No. 75 Presbyterian 0
1. Omar Aly (UM) and Grayson Mills (PC) unfinished
2. Gabriel Flores (UM) def. Ryan Miller (PC) 6-0, 6-1
3. Diego Soto (UM) def. Rafael Berghaus (PC) 6-0, 6-0
4. William Albanese (UM) def. Ben Kelley (PC) 6-1, 6-4
5. Henrique Tsukamoto (UM) and Joel Roberts (PC) unfinished
5. Bernard Tefel (UM) and Diego Manzanas (PC) unfinished
1. Omar Aly/Wilfredo Gonzalez (UM) def. Rafael Berghaus/Joel Roberts (PC) 8-4
2. Gabriel Flores/Diego Soto (UM) def. Ben Kelley/Ryan Miller (PC) 8-1
3. Grayson Mills/Diego Manzanas (PC) and William Albanese/Henrique Tsukamoto (UM) unfinished