1. The Hurricanes enter the 2017 season after they captured their first bowl victory in 10 years. Miami defeated West Virginia 31-14 in the 2016 Russell Athletic Bowl.
2. The Hurricanes won their final five games of the season for the first time since 2001.
3. Mark Richt has won 10 bowl games as a head coach. Richt owns a 10-5 career record in bowl games. Each of his five bowl losses have come by five points or less.
4. Wide receiver Ahmmon Richards broke Michael Irvin’s 31-year-old single season freshman receiving yards record in 2016 as he finished with 934 yards.
5. Miami’s defenisve unit recorded 108 tackles for loss, which tied for the sixth-highest total since 1990.
6. The Hurricanes welcome back 18 starters and 40 letterwinners from last year’s team that finished 9-4.
7. Miami’s 2017 schedule features seven home games, including a home matchup with Notre Dame. The Hurricanes own a 14-5 home record the past three years.
8. Running back Mark Walton enters his junior season with 25 career touchdowns in 26 career games. Walton’s 15 total touchdowns in 2016 ranked third for a single season in program history.
9. Kicker Michael Badgley enters his senior season just 91 points shy of becoming the school’s all-time points leader.
10. Miami had four players from the 2016 squad selected to the 2016 All-ACC Academic Team.