|Friday:||March 17 | 6:30 p.m.|
|Saturday:||March 18 | 6:30 p.m.|
|Sunday:||March 19 | 12:00 p.m.|
|Series Notes | Season Stats|
|TV:||ACC Network Extra: Friday | Saturday | Sunday|
|Student Radio:||WVUM 90.5 FM (all games)|
|Friday:||RHP Jesse Lepore||LHP Sean Adler|
|Saturday:||LHP Jeb Bargfeldt||LHP Brian Brown|
|Sunday:||LHP Michael Mediavilla||RHP Dalton Feeney|
CANES TO FACE WOLFPACK IN RALEIGH
• The Hurricanes travel to Raleigh, N.C., for a weekend series with host NC State from March 17-19 at Doak Field. First pitch for the series opener is set for 6:30 p.m. on ACC Network Extra and WVUM.
• Miami captured a thrilling 8-7 win in the lone matchup between the two programs in 2016 at the ACC Championship in Durham, N.C. Edgar Michelangeli connected on a three-run, ninth-inning home run to put Miami ahead late at Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
• UM carries a commanding 33-14 all-time lead in the head-to-head series, including a 10-4 lead in games played at Doak Field. Miami is 7-1 in its last eight games against NC State dating to 2014, and swept the Pack in its last trip to Raleigh from March 28-30, 2014.
• Miami junior righthander Jesse Lepore (1-2, 3.33 ERA) will oppose NC State senior lefthander Sean Adler (2-2, 4.64 ERA) in the series opener on Friday, March 17 at 6:30 p.m (ACC Network Extra).
LAST TIME OUT: MIAMI TOPS MAINE TWICE
• Miami earned a midweek sweep against the Maine Black Bears from March 14-15, earning back-to-back wins at Mark Light Field.
• Miami received seven strong innings from freshman Evan McKendry and a clutch two-inning save from sophomore Andrew Cabezas to close out a 4-3 win in Game 1.
• Freshman Greg Veliz picked up his first win on the hill in Game 2 with five shutout innings, while Miami's offense took advantage of 13 walks issued by Black Bears pitchers in a 7-2 victory.
OFFENSE SPARKS SERIES WIN VS. JACKETS
• Miami had 37 hits against the Yellow Jackets in its most recent ACC series win. The Hurricanes totaled 23 walks, reached base at a .486 clip as a team, and slugged .532 to win their third straight series against Georgia Tech dating to 2015.
• Junior Carl Chester batted .500 for the week (10-for-20) for Miami, including a .615 (8-for-13) average against the Jackets. He recorded a .666 on-base percentage and .846 slugging percentage.
• Junior James Davison started at leadoff all three games against the Jackets and thrived; he reached base at a .588 clip and scored a team-best seven runs. He batted .417 for the weekend.
• Miami's 37 hits agains Georgia Tech were more than its combined total in the previous seven games (36). UM had double-digit hit totals in each game - 10 in Game 1, 12 in Game 2 and 15 in Game 3.
LOOKING FOR A FOUR-PEAT
• Miami won its third straight ACC Coastal Division title in 2016, posting a 21-7 record in ACC play to earn the division crown.
• The Hurricanes have won 67 ACC games in the previous three seasons - the most wins in a three-year stretch by any program since ACC expanded to a 30-game conference schedule in 2005.
• Miami has won the ACC Regular Season Championship three times, most recently in 2016 when the Canes finished 21-7; UM won the ACC regular season crown & ACC Tournament in 2008.
• The Hurricanes have won four ACC Coastal Division titles (2008, 2014, 2015, 2016) in history and one ACC Championship (2008).
• Since the beginning of the 2014 season, Miami has won 25 of its past 31 ACC series. The Hurricanes went 8-2 in ACC series in 2014, 7-3 in 2015, 9-1 in 2016 and are 1-0 in 2017.