|Wednesday||April 19 | 6:00 p.m.|
|Game Notes | Season Stats|
|TV:||ACC Network Extra|
|Student Radio:||WVUM 90.5 FM|
|Wednesday:||LHP Sean Labsan||RHP Evan McKendry|
MIAMI GOING FOR SEASON SWEEP OF FAU
• After winning the first two head-to-head matchups of 2017, the Hurricanes will look for a three-game season sweep of FAU Wednesday night at Mark Light Field (ACC Network Extra).
• The Hurricanes topped FAU 5-3 in Boca Raton in their first midweek game of 2017 on March 1, and captured the season series with a 7-5 win at Mark Light Field in Game 2 on March 22.
• Junior Carl Chester leads UM with a .571 average in two games vs. FAU this season (4-for-7). He has two homers, three RBI, three runs, a 1.429 slugging percentage and a .667 on-base against the Owls.
• Miami freshman righthander Evan McKendry (2-1, 3.99 ERA) will Wednesday opposite FAU's Sean Labsan (1-1, 6.44 ERA).
WEEKEND REWIND: UM WINS SERIES AT PITT
• The Hurricanes won their second straight series this past weekend at Charles L. Cost Field, taking two of three games against host Pittsburgh in an ACC Coastal Division matchup.
• Due to a forecast of inclement weather, Miami played a doubleheader Friday and the series finale Saturday. The Hurricanes dropped Game 1 (3-10) but won Game 2 (1-0) and Game 3 (5-3).
• Redshirt senior Edgar Michelangeli led the offense with a 5-hit, two-home run, four-RBI weekend in the Steel City. He batted .417 and scored three runs to lead the Hurricanes over three games.
• Miami received strong starts on the hill from Jeb Bargfeldt (5.0 shutout innings) and Michael Mediavilla (5.2 innings, one run) on short rest, while Frankie Bartow earned back-to-back saves vs. Pitt.
HEATING UP: BATISTA, CABEZAS IMPRESSING
• Senior Randy Batista has been among Miami's top offensive performers of late, and has reached base in his last 15 games. Over that stretch, he is batting a team-best .302 with a .483 on-base.
• Miami lefthander Jeb Bargfeldt has been the most consistent weekend starter for the Hurricanes. In six ACC starts, Bargfeldt is 3-1 with a 1.19 ERA. He is holding ACC opponents to a .184 average.
• Sophomore Andrew Cabezas has been among Miami's top performers out of the bullpen this season. In the last 11 games, he has made a team-high six appearances and totaled 11 strikeouts compared to three walks in 8.0 combined innings with a 1.12 ERA.
• Freshman Greg Veliz' .152 average against is lowest of any pitcher in the ACC, and his 2.41 ERA is eighth-best conference-wide.
LOOKING FOR A FOUR-PEAT
• Miami won its third straight ACC Coastal Division title in 2016, posting a 21-7 record in ACC play to earn the division crown.
• The Hurricanes have won 67 ACC games in the prior three seasons - the most wins in a three-year stretch by any program since ACC expanded to a 30-game conference schedule in 2005.
• Miami has won the ACC Regular Season Championship three times, most recently in 2016 when the Canes finished 21-7; UM won the ACC regular season crown & ACC Tournament in 2008.
• The Hurricanes have won four ACC Coastal Division titles (2008, 2014, 2015, 2016) in history and one ACC Championship (2008).
• Since the beginning of the 2014 season, Miami has won 27 of its past 36 ACC series. The Hurricanes went 8-2 in ACC series in 2014, 7-3 in 2015, 9-1 in 2016 and are 3-3 in 2017.