BOSTON – Miami sophomore guard Shane Larkin was named to the 2013 Lute Olson All-America Team as announced on Monday.
The team includes Anthony Bennett (UNLV), Trey Burke (Michigan), Ian Clark (Belmont), Ramon Galloway (La Salle), Erick Green (Virginia Tech), Shane Larkin (Miami), Ray McCallum (Detroit), Doug McDermott (Creighton), Ben McLemore (Kansas), Shabazz Muhammad (UCLA), Mike Muscala (Bucknell), Victor Oladipo (Indiana), Kelly Olynyk (Gonzaga), Mason Plumlee (Duke), Otto Porter, Jr. (Georgetown), Marcus Smart (Oklahoma State), Russ Smith (Louisville), Deshaun Thomas (Ohio State), Jeff Withey (Kansas), Nate Wolters (South Dakota State), Cody Zeller (Indiana).
Rather than assemble a first team, second team, third team and honorable mention; the Lute Olson All-America team is one squad consisting one 21 players.
Earlier this month, Larkin was named the ACC Player of the Year by the conference coaches. He also earned MVP honors after leading the Canes to the ACC Tournament title.
Through 35 games, Larkin leads the Canes with 14.5 points and 4.6 assists per game. His 67 three pointers are also a team best.
The Lute Olson Award is presented annually to the nation's top Division I player who has played at least two seasons with his respective team. Freshmen and first-year transfers can be named to the All-America team, but are not eligible to receive the Player of the Year honors.
The award is named in honor of coaching great Lute Olson, who won 780 games in 34 seasons, 24 of which were spent at the University of Arizona. During that stretch he led the Wildcats to 11 Pac-10 Conference titles, 23 consecutive NCAA Tournaments, four Final Four appearances and a National Championship in 1997.
The 2013 Award will be presented at the CollegeInsider.com awards banquet in Atlanta, site of the men's NCAA Basketball Championship.
Anthony Bennett 6-8 Fr. UNLV
Trey Burke 6-0 So. Michigan
Ian Clark 6-3 Sr. Belmont
Ramon Galloway 6-3 Sr. La Salle
Erick Green 6-3 Sr. Virginia Tech
Shane Larkin 5-11 So. Miami
Ray McCallum 6-3 Jr. Detroit
Doug McDermott 6-8 Jr. Creighton
Ben McLemore 6-5 Fr. Kansas
Shabazz Muhammad 6-6 Fr. UCLA
Mike Muscala 6-11 Sr. Bucknell
Victor Oladipo 6-5 Jr. Indiana
Kelly Olynyk 7-0 Jr. Gonzaga
Mason Plumlee 6-10 Sr. Duke
Otto Porter, Jr 6-8 So. Georgetown
Marcus Smart 6-4 Fr. Oklahoma State
Russ Smith 6-0 Jr. Louisville
Deshaun Thomas 6-7 Jr. Ohio State
Jeff Withey 7-0 Sr. Kansas
Nate Wolters 6-4 Sr. South Dakota State
Cody Zeller 7-0 So. Indiana
Shane Larkin's 2012-13 Awards
• Bob Cousy Award finalist (top 5)
• Naismith Player of the Year candidate (top 30)
• Wooden Award finalist (top 15)
• Third Team All-American - The Sporting News
• USBWA All-District IV Team
• ACC Tournament MVP
• ACC Player of the Year (Coaches)
• ACC All-Tournament First Team
• All-ACC First Team (Coaches)
• All-ACC Defensive Team (Coaches)
• All- ACC First Team (ASCMA)
• All-ACC Defensive Team (ASCMA)
• ACC Player of the Year - Sports Illustrated (Seth Davis)
• Second Team All-American - ESPN (Jason King)
• ACC Player of the Year - ESPN (Jason King)
• All-ACC First Team - ESPN (Jason King)
• Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week - Feb. 4
• ACC Player of the Week - Feb. 4